Virtual Coffee Talk
Thursday, November 3, 2022 (8:00 AM - 9:30 AM) (EDT)
Virtual Coffee Talks are facilitated by the Shafer Leadership Academy (SLA). These SLA programs are available to you as members of the Zionsville Chamber of Commerce through generous contributions to the Zionsville RISE Foundation.
Registration for either a Virtual Workshop or a Virtual Coffee Talk, is a limited-time member-only benefit (through August 2023). Registration is required to access a recording or to virtually attend a program. A list of upcoming virtual programs is available here.
November Coffee Talk Topic: The Joy of Movement in Team Building
To register for this program, click here. Enter your information and indicate “Yes, your organization is a Shafer Leadership Academy member.” Then choose “Zionsville Chamber - RISE Foundation” from the list to attend at no cost.
Description: Movement creates community and cultivates joy through something we do every day. This session will focus on taking care of ourselves through movement practices and how they can be utilized to foster more resilient teams. The session will include moments to discuss the act of “moving through,” how we can take a simple everyday activity to find more joy, and how the trauma-informed arts approach can transform our identities. Plan to leave energized! We will “move” together, so wearing your most comfortable clothing is suggested.
- Affirmation: “I can move and you can too!” This affirmation will be an echoed theme for our time together. “Affirmations fire up your neural pathways and make changes to those areas of the brain that makes you happy and positive." Various studies also confirm affirmations: decrease health-deteriorating stress, increase the amount of exercise people do, help you eat more fruit and vegetables, and achieve more academically.
- Movement as medicine: Participants will be able to walk away with a natural form of medicine that can be healing to their holistic wellness.
- Joy as a disruptor: Finding joy through movement is easy. We tap into the endorphins and dopamine that are natural mood boosters and painkillers. At times, we just need a simple movement break.
- Movement As Organizer: Working with groups means organizing a variety of moving parts (no pun intended). Learning how to use movement to organize groups of people can be a useful technique to have in your tool belt.
- Authenticity shapes Identity: Getting to know people can be understood by a simple song they select or the way they decide to move. Are they open or closed? Reserved or shy? Movement tells a story to fill in spaces where words may be lacking.
This program is ideal for: anyone looking to focus on self-care.
This virtual coffee chat is available to current Zionsville Chamber of Commerce members at no cost.
If not able to attend the virtual session, registered participants can access a recording for 30 days from date of the program.
Members Only Events